If you’re on a dating website or app and a girl sends you a message and you’re interested, ask her questions too. Don’t make her do all the heavy lifting. Wonder why you never meet anyone from these technological miracles? Maybe it’s you. And while you’re at it, get rid of your blurry pictures. It’s 2016–do better.
- Squat: 80
- Bench: 55
- Deadlift: 115
- Overhead Press: 33
- Power Clean: 43
- Squat: 115
- Bench: 57.5 (reset)
- Deadlift: 130
- Overhead Press: 45
- Power Clean: 40 (reset)
- Squat: 112.5 (reset)
- Bench: 72.5
- Deadlift: 150
- Overhead Press: 47.5
- Power Clean: 55
- Squat: 135 (triples)
- Bench: 80 (triples)
- Deadlift: 147.5 (reset)
- Overhead Press: 56
- Power Clean: 55
- Squat: 140 (June 14, triples)
- Bench: 80 (June 8, triples)
- Deadlift: 155 (May 11)
- Overhead Press: 56 (June 8)
- Power Clean: 59 (May 21)
- Squat: bar 5×2, 95 for 5, 105 for 3, 115 for 2, 125 5×3 (light day)
- Bench: 60 5×2, 70 for 5, 75 for 3, 80 3×5 (tried to do triples at 82.5 last time but had to drop back to 80)
- Power Clean: 33 for 3, 43 for 3, 53 for 3, 60 3×5 (PR if achieved)
- Breakfast: America’s Test Kitchen sundried tomato, mozzarella and basil frittata (1/3 of recipe; 1 cup coffee
- Lunch: Lamb Sliders (Shutterbean) with Tzatziki (Serious Eats) and Radish-Tahini Salad (Ozlem’s Turkish Table)
- Workout: 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in Vanilla Creme plus 1 cup 1% milk
- Dinner: Tuna steak in the fridge, but if I go to a Meetup, who knows?
A new nutrition label requires a “sugars added” line! Thanks, Mrs. Obama!
An interesting read about Bill Clinton. I was surprised to hear 1) that he might be sick, 2) “Air Fuck One,” and 3) that so many people connected to him were willing to (anonymously) be quoted for the story.
Serious Eats’ “Will it waffle?” feature, now that I’ve bought a waffle iron (which I did on Amazon Prime in the middle of eating a waffle).
- Louis C.K. at the Lyric last night, laughing at his own jokes and making the audience feel like he hadn’t done the same set two hours earlier and twice the day before.
- The AP Stylebook lowercasing web and internet beginning June 1.
- Amazon Prime.
- We Are All Dead Now
- People Lost Their Minds
- Is Everything
- The M.O.N.E.Y. podcast: I already read Paula Pant’s blog, Afford Anything, and have attempted her 1% challenge, which is not at all difficult and quite rewarding. She has a terrific voice for radio, I’m happy to report.
- A programmable coffeemaker
- The existence of Pig Island. I don’t care if it’s a tourist trap. Look at them.
- The Charmery’s Pint Club (I am not a member but one day hope to be)
- Sugarvale: Unlike anything else in Baltimore.
- Being able to borrow e-books from the library. It’s FREE, people.