- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown (and if you haven’t watched her TED talk, a good place to start)
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Magic Lessons” podcast (most recent episode also featuring Brené, which is really just a lot of them telling each other how awesome they are). Even though I was kind of turned off by Eat, Pray, Love, I think it’s really because the way it was marketed was unappealing to me. Now I think “Liz” is actually an empowering and insightful lady.
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande, because we should all be aware of how much it sucks to get old, and maybe we should do something about the way we treat the elderly
- New Girl repeats. I forgot how many great bits there were, at least early on. I watched three straight hours of it on Netflix last night.
- Mindfulness meditation. Try the free versions of the Headspace and 10% Happier apps. Joseph Goldstein’s waterfall analogy especially.
- The Dinner Party. Surprised I didn’t think of this first. Hosting my first dinner this month. Read more from NPR.
- My realtor. If you live in the Baltimore area and are looking to buy or sell, Mike Hofstetter is, hands down, the best in the business. I want to buy another house because he’s so awesome. He also called himself Columbo during a showing, which I found hilarious but also a truly apt description.